A Guide to Entering
2) Information Required
Once you have reviewed the category descriptions and selected the category for your product, you will be required to enter the following information:
- Product information - name, launch date, price, weight - Always tell us the price: value for money is an important part of the debate
- Subcategory - you will be asked to select a subcategory in which you believe your product falls under. This is for guidance only and your product may not be judged in the subcategory if another category is deemed more suitable.
- Who it is manufactured for if anyone
- List of ingredients - Judges prefer products with clean ingredients declaration
- Cooking instructions - Check that they are set out clearly, and written to deliver the product at its’ best for consumption If your product needs other ingredients added, such as baking kits, please make sure that this is clearly stated in the submission.
- Details of UK listings (instore and online)
- 100-word product description - to include product USPs and aims in the marketplace. This description will be read out to the judges when they receive your product for tasting so please take care-– judges appreciate being told the “story” behind a product – especially if it has a strong message to communicate.
- Upload a packshot/photo of the product and also your company logo. In the event you are shortlisted in your category, your product image and logo may be used in the awards presentation, so please make sure these are of a high resolution
- Follow delivery instructions and delivery deadlines carefully.
These will be sent to you at a later date. Please ensure you deliver your products to our judging venue on the dates specified.
You will receive an Entry Confirmation via email as soon as your entry has been submitted, and at the end of June, you will receive full delivery details of where and when to send your products for judging in July and August.
We generally ask for four product samples, as judges see the product’s packaging along with a whole sample cooked, when judging your product.
If you are unsure how many products to send in, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding the process, please contact email@example.com.
If you don’t have all of the above information on beginning your entry, please don't forget to click 'Save' as you go, which will add your entry to your “Basket”. You will then be able to return to this point in your entry and complete these details at a later stage.
Entry fee per product: £469 + VAT
Small Producer entry fee (fewer than 10 staff and annual sales under £2 million): £129 + VAT
All entries should be paid for before judging commences on Monday 11 July 2022. Payment can be made by credit card or alternatively by invoice if you select this option.
All Small Producers eligible for a reduced rate should ensure they complete and submit the Small Producer Form (click here to view form) before entering a category. They will be given a discount 'promo code' to input in the box for when they reach the Payment page.