How to Enter
Firstly you will need to select the correct awards programme and category that your product falls under. You can enter whether you are the product's manufacturer or retailer.
Your product must be on sale by 1st November, unless entered into a seasonal category, within the UK for consumer to buy (in-store or online).
Remember the judging criteria when selecting your products: taste; flavour; texture; aroma; ingredients list; value for money; innovation; packaging; presentation – does the product meet its stated aims in the market, and does it do it well?
It doesn't have to be a new product – just a really good one.
2) Information Required
Once you have decided the appropriate awards programme for you, selected your product category and clicked on the entry form, you will be required to enter the following information:
- Product information- name, launch date, price, weight - Always tell us the price: value for money is an important part of the debate
- Who it is manufactured for, if anyone
- List of ingredients - Judges prefer products with clean ingredients declaration
- Cooking instructions - Check that they are set out clearly
- Details of UK listings (instore & online)
- 100-word product description - to include product USPs and aims in the market place. This description will be read out to the judges when they receive your product for tasting so please take care-– judges appreciate being told the “story” behind a product – especially if it has a strong message to communicate.
- Upload a pack shot / photo of the product and also a logo of your company
- If your product needs other ingredients added, such as baking kits, please make sure that this is clearly stated in the submission
- Follow delivery instructions and deadlines carefully. These will be sent to you at a later date.
Deliver your products to the University of West London on the dates specified.
Once your entry has been received, you will be emailed the Delivery Instructions for your tasting samples. We generally ask for eight product samples as judge see packaging and also a whole sample cooked. If you have questions regarding this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Don't forget to click on 'Save' if you don't have all the information required, to add your entry to your basket.
Entry fee per product: £464 + VAT
Small Producer entry fee (fewer than 10 staff and annual sales under £2 million): £125+VAT.
All entries should be paid for before judging commences on 25th July. Payment can be made by credit card or alternatively by invoice if you select this option.
All Small Producers eligible for a reduced rate should complete and submit the Small Producer Form
before entering a category. They will be given a discount 'promo code' to use in the entry form.
You will receive confirmation via email as soon as your entry has been submitted, and in due course will receive details of where and when to send your products for judging in August.
Deadline for Entries: Friday 15 June 2018