Welcome to the Small Producer Quality Food Awards 2018
in partnership with
Are you a small producer? Enter the awards today!
The Small Producer Quality Food Awards is now in its third year and, thanks to our partnership with the Co-op and continued support from our headline sponsor; Graphic Packaging; 2018 promises to be our biggest and best yet. The value from entering is phenomenal; enter into any of the awards and your product will also be eligible for the Small Producer Awards. You will benefit from a reduced entry fee and detailed feedback from industry experts, along with the potential opportunity to pitch to Co-op buyers directly. These awards deliver tangible rewards, so get your entries in early - and good luck!
Sacha Burek, Small Producer Project Manager, Quality Food Awards
How does it work?
Stage 1: Simply enter your product into any of the Quality
Food Awards for the reduced fee of £125
+ VAT by Friday 6 July
- Stage 2: In addition to your entry being judged in the Quality Food Awards, our expert judging panel, working closely with the Co-op, will also select products to be put forward for the Small Producer Awards.
- Stage 3: Shortlisted products are invited to take part in a food innovation and product development day with FBDC. This ensures your product is perfectly primed and ready to be taken through to the final stage of judging. Finalists will also have the opportunity to take part in a 'get ready with SALSA' workshop to enable you to work towards becoming SALSA accredited or benefit from fine tuning your business to meet SALSA requirements.
- Stage 4: Held at The Atrium at Co-op HQ, shortlisted companies will have the opportunity to have a pop up stand to enable tastings and real-time with Co-op food buyers. You will also be asked to present a Dragons’ Den-style pitch to Co-op executives.
Stage 5: Winners are announced at a glittering awards ceremony on November 1st at the prestigious Grosvenor House Hotel on Park Lane
Benefits of Entering
- Reduced fee of £125 + VAT (£339 saving)
- Detailed feedback from industry experts for every entry
- Great way to catch the eye of Co-op buyers & developers/food experts
- Finalists get a pop-up stand in atrium on presentation day at Co-op
- Consumer marketing report from VYPR for finalists
- Studio day working on packaging for Gold winner
- Food innovation and product development workshop with FBDC for finalists
- PR support through site, videos, social media & email marketing for finalists
- Gold winner will work with Co-op to achieve a local, regional or national listing
- A ‘get ready with SALSA workshop’ for all finalists
- The gold winner gets a tailored support package from SALSA
- Other benefits to be announced – visit uk.qualityfoodawards.com to stay up-to-date
Entry criteria: To be considered a small producer, your business should have fewer than 10 staff and annual sales no greater than £2 million.
What last year’s winner has to say about the awards…
“We, at Yossi Foods, are thrilled to have won Gold Small producer of the year with the fantastic Quality Food Awards. The benefits have been really invaluable to us as a young growing company. The Co-op has been so supportive both in terms of feedback, advice and accessibility to people who really seem to care about a positive outcome for us.”
Rebecca Channack, Yossi Foods