Friday 17 July
Friday 17 July
Hints and Tips
Every year we receive hundreds of entries in to the Quality Food Awards, here are a few top tips for maximising your chances of success this year.
- We have created a step by step guideline for entering your products, this can be downloaded here. Reading through this guide before starting your entry will make the process easier.
- Products will judged alongside similar products however products are judged on their individual merit rather than a category whole. Entering several products into the same category does not reduce your chances of winning an award for these products. They will all still have the chance to be shortlisted and put forward for an award.
- Answer the questions in the entry form as fully as possible and make sure you include the important information highlighted in the entry form. This will allow judges to get a better understanding of your product and make a clearer judgement of the product.
- The products will be judged as a whole offering to consumers, who of course take more than taste into account when they make their purchases. Include products in packaging and send the suggested number of products where possible so that judges can view the product as a whole.
- Make sure you follow the delivery guidelines. Follow the delivery dates times and instructions provided to you to ensure your product can be judged in its best possible quality and equally amongst its peers.
- The judges’ feedback can be a hugely beneficial to your products development. The more information you provide the more detailed the judges can be.
- Make the most of the opportunity! It’s a wonderful bench-marking tool.